Friday, July 10, 2015

Birchbox Review: July

It's that time again!

I received my Birchbox this week and decided since I'd posted once this week I should probably just go ahead and write a review.



Before I jump in and start the review of the products....I am LOVING this box.  The pattern is adorable!  However, the items IN the box....this was the first time I have ever been disappointed with the majority of the box.  I will say that I still have managed to not get the same sample twice, which is pretty impressive, but I still wasn't loving this month's samples.

1. dr. brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant, Full-size $78

This was one of 2 items I was excited to get.  Though to be fair, I feel like I get a facial cleanser/exfoliant/etc in every box and I am beginning to hate that.  I haven't found my "holy grail" yet, and at this point I think my face is getting tired of trying all the new products! HA!

2. Miracle Skin Transformer Body SPF 20, Full-size $34

Here's where the disappointment begins.  While the sample is for "the body" the sample is quite small.  I can't imagine I'll get more than one use out of it and that's disappointing because it is supposed to give a "temporary glow" and I'm all about that in the summer.  I'm hoping that with one use I can tell whether I'd want to purchase the full size.

3. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, Full-size $22-42

Honestly I should be more excited about this product.  It's a cult favorite and I'm sure it works on most hair types, but not on mine.  I will continue to use this and hopefully I can make it work because it is a great sample size and it's a good company but texturizing sprays are just not my thing.

4. still look at me liquid lipstick, Full-size Set of 3, $20

Listen y'all....I got to choose the color I wanted for this since they have 3 different color options.  I, of course, chose red.  OBSESSED!  I LOVE liquid lipsticks.  The smell is so good and the formula is great, going on like a gloss and working like a stain.  I couldn't wait to get my box just for this one item and the color was exactly what I expected. I MAY have to order the set so I can try out the other 2 colors.

5. Supergoop! Anti-Aging City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30, Full-size $42

Listen, I know how important SPFs are, especially in the summer, but why did I have to get 2 sunscreens?!  I was mostly disappointed with the fact I was given 2 sunscreens.  I'm sure this is a good product, and I will use it, I just wish I could've gotten a different sample.

Closing Thoughts

This wasn't the most disappointing box!  It's just the first time that I've not been impressed with the items in my box.  I still believe that Birchbox is worth the money, even if I wasn't satisfied with the samples, the sizes for 4 of the 5 items were great.



If you are interested in signing up for Birchbox and getting all these goodies, you can click here!

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment