Friday, December 12, 2014

Berries For Days!

Hey y'all! So today I figured I'd post a little Christmas-y DIY!  I made a couple of these a couple years ago as gifts for my mother-in-law and aunt!  This isn't going to be a step by step, so it's gonna be a pretty short one today!


I actually found something similar on Pinterest that made me want to make these.  It seemed simple enough!  But little word of warning, if you do it exactly like me, it's not simple at all. Ha!!
So I went to Hobby Lobby (because...I'm obsessed) and purchased a couple large "D"'s and then ran over to the floral department and bought as many clusters of red berries as I could find and a roll of burlap.

I ran home and got started.  I painted the D a brown color, took all the little plastic berries off, and started hot gluing them to the D.  One by one.  I have to tell you, there has to be a better method to getting all those plastic berries onto the letter, BUT as time consuming as it was, I LOVED the way it turned out!

If you are going to make this, and make it the way I did, be ready with LOTS and LOTS of hot glue sticks.

Once all the berries were on the letter, I had my husband make a bow for it.  He doesn't like it, but he's the bowmaker in our house! :)

They were time consuming, but turned out great! My mother-in-law keeps hers out pretty much year-round since it matches her house!

What are y'all's favorite Christmas gift DIY's?

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment