Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall Favorites Day 2

I'm back folks!

I'm going to cover my fall favorites in the beauty department today. :) 

My current favorite product actually came by way of my first Birchbox.  I'm constantly moisturizing my lips, and when I saw that there was ChapStick in my box, I was so excited!  And I must say that I am really enjoying the double ended stick, with the different formulas for daytime and nighttime.  I do prefer the nighttime formula, and I have included it into my daily and nightly routine! :)

Amazeballs.
Speaking of my nightly routine, I make sure to clean my face every night, and the product I've recently been using is Clean & Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser.  I LOVE how clean my face feels after I've used it, and my face has really cleared up.  I know that it's difficult to really suggest a cleanser because everyone has different skin, but for me, it really seems to be working.  I also like to use Pond's Wet Cleansing Towellettes Evening Soothe.  They have an amazing scent!  The first day I used them, when I laid down my husband immediately commented on "how good my face smelled". Ha!  They really are incredible, especially if I wore makeup during that day.  I got both of these products at Target, but I'm pretty sure you can find these products at any drugstore!
While I know that these weren't really "fall" items, keeping your face clean is pretty important! ;)

Now that I've talked about how I clean the makeup off my face, let's talk about fall makeup! I cannot stress enough that, as much as I love high end beauty products, I just can't afford them.  So the products I will be talking about will typically be drugstore.  I do occasionally talk myself into the higher end products....I really have no will power.
I'm only going to discuss a couple different makeup products for this particular post.  Lipsticks are my absolute favorite beauty product, so hopefully I don't spend too much time with them, but I make NO promises y'all! 

There are SO many options for eye shadows out there!  I am such a big fan of Morphe Brushes eye shadows, however, the fall colors I wanted to order are out of stock. :(  Now, the amazing thing about their shadows is that they are each $2.  Pretty awesome!  As I mentioned, I do typically buy my beauty products at the the drugstore, and Revlon is one of my favorite brands!  Their PhotoReady Primer, Shadow & Sparkle palettes are some of the best!  My favorites in these are Impressionist and Avant Garde.  I also like the ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow in the shade Decadent.  

Avant Garde
Impressionist
Decadent

Now for blushes!  I love NYX blushes.  For the fall, I like using a cool pink shade, however I like any pink shade when it comes to blush!  When referring to NYX blushes, I like the shades Peach, Dusty Rose, Pinky, and Angel.
Angel

Dusty Rose

Pinky

Peach

Onto my final, and most favorite part of makeup, LIPSTICK! :)  First, I'll talk about my favorite Revlon product.  The Revlon Lip Butter's are so moisturizing and go on so smooth.  The one that I tend to be gravitating to is the shade Sugar Plum.  It has a plum tint to it and I love the deeper hues during the fall.  NYX Matte Lipsticks are another of my favorites! The shades Alabama, Perfect Red, and Siren are, in my opinion, the best! I like using matte lipsticks because I can add a gloss to give a glisten, or leave the matte alone and it is still a beautiful result! 
Sugar Plum
Alabama
Perfect Red 
Siren

Lastly, I'm going to discuss a product that I recently ordered online.  I'd never heard of Gerard Cosmetics until I started watching Jaclyn Hill videos.  If you haven't heard of her, here's a link to her YouTube channel. She created a lipstick similar to what we've seen on Kylie Jenner recently, and also 2 glosses.  I am a HUGE fan of these products, but my favorite is definitely the lipstick, 1995.  I was a little worried about ordering lip products online, and from a company that I didn't know much about, but it was worth it!  The glosses, Rose Hill & Butter Cream, are also great, I do not usually wear glosses but I find myself grabbing them when I want to add a little something more to my lips.
LOVE

Check My Friend's Blog!
I've talked about my favorite makeup products, but I'm going to do a plug for my best friend's makeup blog because there are many things that I just won't cover here!  While I may be able to tell you my favorite products, she can help you out with how to wear it! :) Her name is Lauren Stratton.  Check her page out here!  I can tell you from experience, she is pretty dang good at what she does!!



I'm going to end my fall favorites with nail polishes!  OPI polishes may cost a little extra, but I love them!  The colors I'm loving for this fall are You Don't Know Jacques (which I discussed in a previous post), Black Cherry Chutney, and Unfor-Greta-bly Blue.  Black Cherry Chutney was originally from a Spring 2008 line and I actually found it in the clearance section of Ulta along with the Unfor-Greta-bly Blue which is from the Germany collection - Fall 2012.  While I may have only spent $3 a piece on them, they work great for this season! I have got to say, I think I'm getting my money's worth with those!  
I'm also loving my OPI Matte Top Coat.  It's nice to be able to use a top coat to make a matte finish to my nails, because sometimes I don't necessarily want the shine!
Also, I cannot always afford to get my nails done.  I tend to do my own nails now, however I do have trouble keeping polish on.  So I started looking into a way to get a "gel manicure" without the costs and found Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat (which I found at Sally's Beauty Supply).  I just do a couple layers before the polish then finish with a top coat, and it stays on until I want to make a change!
You Don't Know Jacques 
Black Cherry Chutney 
Unfor-Greta-bly Blue
Gel Coat

I believe I've FINALLY finished my fall favorites.  If you made it through all of that, I'm so sorry I just kept going and going. 

If anyone has any any topics they'd like me to discuss, I'd love y'all's input! Just leave a comment below and I'll do my best to make sure I cover whatever topics y'all are interested in! 

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment