Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Weekend Catch-Up

Here I am again!  3 days in a row....I could get used to this! :)  

So because I don't have any new clothing or makeup reviews (if you'd like to comment on things you'd like reviewed I would GLADLY test things out for ya!), I decided to do a little flashback to this weekend's wedding festivities and the shower I helped set up for the bride last month.

Not using this site for the last 6 months means that a lot of the things I did were not talked about!  I'm going to try to catch up as best I can, so just deal with it! Ha ha! ;)  I hope it won't be too boring!!


Bridal Shower

When my husband and I were married almost 3 years ago (Woah!), his godmother gave us a wedding shower.  So when his cousin got engaged, his mother informed me she would be giving his bride-to-be a shower and of course, I volunteered to help! :)
The happy couple are so sweet!  They are outdoorsy so we wanted it to have a rustic feel!  I definitely think we succeeded.  It was beautiful!  We didn't play many games, "Who has the groom?".  We just passed out envelopes with pictures in them, and whoever had the picture of the groom won a little gift.  The other was a mason jar full of Hershey's Kisses and we had the guests guess how many were in the jar.  A couple easy games that didn't take a lot of time before we got to the presents! :)

Homemade Sugar Scrub Party Favors!




Hubby's Aunt made the silhouettes! Beautiful!





The wine bottle I painted a couple years ago 

Cupcake dress :)
Myself & the bride-to-be!

I am thankful that my mother-in-law asked for my help, I love decorating for parties, and cooking and all that jazz.  Such a good time!  It was a successful little get together and I believe the bride loved her gifts!

The Wedding!

The happy couple exchanged vows & their first kiss this past weekend.  It was a beautiful ceremony in a GORGEOUS church! 

The First Kiss! 

It was such a fun night with family and friends!  I love weddings because you get to spend such a happy event with the people that you love the most!  I hope the night was so memorable for these two and that their lives together are filled with nothing but happiness! :)






Also, my dress for the wedding was from ShopSosie.com.  I am loving that site! It's a shift dress, which I love!  It is a perfect dress for fall.  It's the Middleway Shift Dress in the color Olive.  The original cost of the dress was $45, but because I purchased it during a sale, I got $5 off.  
I was a little worried about it being too short, but being 5'2 does have some advantages, and though it may look a little short in the picture, it actually was a great length!  I did have a little issue with getting the wrinkles out of the dress, but after I hand washed it and hung it outside to dry, they came right out!!  I'd definitely check the site out, they have some amazing deals and their clothes are adorable! 

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment