Monday, September 22, 2014

My First Birchbox! :)

Hey Y'all!

Exciting news today!  My first Birchbox has finally arrived!!!  I wasn't expecting it until Thursday so I was pretty pumped when I saw that I had a package!

A little peek at the inside of the box
First of all, let's talk about how ADORABLE the box is!  The little note inside the box said that there were 3 different patterns for this box and I've got to tell you I LOVE mine!

It isn't a terribly big box, but does it really need to be?  The membership is $10 a month, and I was worried it wasn't worth it, but I was completely wrong!  While some of the samples weren't huge, they will serve their purpose, so that I can try a new product and decide just how much I love it and if it's worth it to purchase a full size.

Inside the box I got ChapStick, Whish Shave Crave in Acai Grapefruit, Juara Candlenut Body Creme, dr. brandt pores no more vacuum cleaner, Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, and Noir Cosmetics Long-Wear Eyeliner.  Sounds like quite a bit, right?  Especially for $10!  I also had a free gift with my subscription, which was a sample of Harvey Prince Hello perfume, and Cynthia Rowley Eyeliner.

I wanted to review each product, but I was too excited and just had to talk about the box now! Ha!  My impatience got the better of me today.  I can tell you a little about the products that I immediately tried out!  The ChapStick has a day formula and night formula, with the day formula having an SPF 12 built in.  I will say I liked how the daytime formula felt on my lips, I am always putting moisterizer on my lips, whatever it may be.  I haven't used the nighttime formula but I imagine I'm going to like it as well.

Let's take a second to discuss this Harvey Prince Hello perfume.  I'm always worried about samples of perfume, as I am very picky with what I choose to spray on myself.  My current favorite is Coach Poppy Flower.  When I opened the packaging, before I even sprayed the little sample, I could smell this wonderful, floral, citrus-y scent.  It was so good!! I want a scent that it going to make me feel happy and calm, and let me tell you, this one does just that!

These are the only two products I have tried, but the other items I have heard great things about and will definitely review once I have finally tried it out!

See you soon!

XOXO.


Update:  The Noir Cosmetics eyeliner is great!  Pencil eyeliners are generally not my favorite, but this one is making me a believer!  The product just glides across the lid....perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment