Monday, September 29, 2014

Mani Monday

Hey y'all! 

I don't know about y'all, but my weekend was pretty dull.  We spent the majority of it watching sports (which I love, don't get me wrong!) and just hanging at home.  

My plan for the weekend was shopping so I could do a "haul" post, but alas, life happened, and shopping did not.  So today I thought I'd talk about nails.  Monday's can be pretty miserable and I know how much my day can improve if I'm having a good hair day or if my nails look good, so here are a few of my favorite manicures! :)


It's playoff time!  I've tried not to be too overwhelming with my sports talk, but I am a HUGE sports fan!  Growing up, I was always watching baseball with my family, my husband played college baseball, we had a baseball themed wedding, basically we love baseball! Ha!  I love all sports, but I have a stronger love for baseball.  It's almost October, playoffs are starting this week, so it only seemed right to show this mani/pedi! 
This was probably my favorite homemade manicure.  I'm not good with nail art, so I'm pretty proud of how they turned out!  I will admit that my husband got in on making this successful.  I'm left handed, so the stitching shown on my hand he actually did!  I couldn't get my right hand steady enough to even try so he took one for the team and drew them!  Such a sweetheart! :)
The red color is a polish that I do not actually own anymore, I believe it was Sally Hansen! The white is Essie Nail Lacquer in Blanc #008.  I got it at Target for around $8.


This is perfect for Christmas! This was before I cleaned up around my nails, so I apologize for just how TERRIBLE the quality of my nails are in this photo, but it really is a great look! I wore this look a lot last winter, I just loved the touch of gold!  I have never really liked golds but after wearing it on my nails, I started to venture out and wear it a lot more! :)
The red color is OPI An Affair In Red Square.  I bought it last winter at Kroger for $8.  The gold color is Salon Perfect in Gold Sparkle.  I bought it at Wal-Mart for $4.  I normally am a bit of a nail polish snob, but I am a huge fan of this polish!  It went on great and it wasn't as difficult to get off as most glitter polishes are.  It was definitely worth every penny!


 Last one!  This is actually my most recent paint job.  I love the shiny blue color that this polish leaves, however I wanted a more polished finish.  I got to bust out my OPI Matte Top Coat and I LOVE the way this turned out!  I tend to paint my nails darker colors, blue, deep reds, blacks, etc. and sometimes the matte finish just looks so great on those dark shades!

This is not one of my best posts guys! I promise tomorrow I will try to do better, but when life happens, sometimes you just have to adjust and go with what you got! :)

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment