Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Give Thanks

Happy day before Thanksgiving Y'all!!! 

Today's post will be short.  It's almost the holiday and I still need to get packed up for all the running around we will be doing!

But I realized after my post on Monday, that I made it seem like my favorite thing about Thanksgiving is the food.  And don't get me wrong, the food is great!  The problem is that that's often the focus on holidays.  Not just Thanksgiving, but Christmas as well.  And that's not where we should be focused on such a wonderful day as Thanksgiving!

Thursday is supposed to be a day that is focused on giving thanks to what we've been given, and those around us!  It's about all the blessings we've been given in our lives.  So why have we strayed from that?  I know that I often forget to thank the ones around me for all that they've done for me.  So I decided that today's post, I'd just remind everyone to spend Thanksgiving focused on your families, on your friends, and remember to thank God for everything He's given you! :)

"Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name." 1 Chronicles 29:13

Also, when did stores start opening on Thanksgiving Day?  I know Black Friday has been around for as long as I can remember, but in the last couple years, a lot of stores are opening their doors on Thanksgiving!  I don't like that at all.  I know that it's a tactic so that you get all the great sales earlier than Black Friday, but Thanksgiving is supposed to be about surrounding yourself with family and friends, being together, being thankful, etc.  I don't know, maybe I'm the only one that takes issue with that, but I just think that it's taking away from a day that's supposed to be special for us!

However, I know that many of you will be out shopping for Black Friday (I'm not one of you, you will NOT see me out...I enjoy sleeping in) so be safe!

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment