Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Style Icons

I spent all day yesterday baking cookies (for Chris) and watching Audrey Hepburn movies.  While I was watching Breakfast at Tiffany's I decided maybe it would be a good time to talk about a couple of my favorite style icons, one past and one present!

Audrey Hepburn

I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn, and have been for a while.  She had such a classic style and was so beautiful! I think what I admire most about her, isn't her ability to act, or dance, or look flawless in anything she put on, it's her humanitarianism.  Her work with UNICEF put her in a different light, and showed not only her outer, but inner beauty.  Givenchy styled her on and off screen, and I know we can't all afford Givenchy, but her style was just so classic and simple and beautiful that you can easily recreate it with much more affordable brands.  Here are a few of my favorite photos of her.....I tried my best to narrow it down but she's my favorite sooooo there are a lot! :)



 Such a timeless beauty!
One of my favorite sites to shop for looks that remind me of Audrey, ModCloth.  They have a lot of retro style clothing and so much of it looks like something she would've worn! :)

Emma Watson

I had a harder time thinking of who I would include for my present day style icon.  Honestly, I couldn't decide between Emma Watson or Kate Middleton.  I adore both of their styles, I chose Emma to talk about for this post because her style is a mix of relatable fashion & high fashion. Also, I feel like I got to grow up with Emma Watson, and saw her style evolve as she got older, so I feel like her style is one that my generation likes to recreate.  She is also a humanitarian, working as a UN Ambassador.  A lot of the photos I decided to post are awards style, BUT they were just too good to pass up!


I hope that y'all can find a little inspiration in these two!  Who are y'all's favorite style icons??

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment