Monday, November 10, 2014

Life

I had big plans for this week's blog.  Lots of talk about Audrey Hepburn. :)  But since the weather had to go and get cold...my body thought it would be a good time to get sick.  And while I could write my blogs and post them (and maybe I will), the posts may come sparatically the next couple weeks as I get better! :)

Also, friendly reminders to all, Christmas is in 45 days....45! Honestly, I have no time to be sick, I have to get my Christmas shopping done!! Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have gone shopping & maybe I'll have enough to do a little haul post!

                                                  

Since, I'm feeling a jolt of energy right at this moment, I'll take advantage and post a little something! I thought maybe once a month I'd let y'all in on what I'm watching or reading (or what I plan on watching and reading!)!

First, this summer I was introduced to Once Upon A Time (I'm aware that I'm a little late to the game), but I am LOVING it! I look forward to Monday mornings because I get to catch up on the previous night's episode (Chris & I concentrate on football on Sundays, Ha!).  I like the present day take on the fairy tales I grew up loving, and to see how they connect them all.   Of course there are moments and storylines that I am not a huge fan of BUT overall it's a pretty great show!  And the Frozen storyline they've incorporated this season.....LOVE!

The Big Bang Theory has been one of my favorite shows for quite a few years and it is still not disappointing!  I've followed Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting's career since I was younger (I loved 8 Simple Rules...) and she's so good on this show!  As is the rest of the cast!  I believe it's been picked up for another 3 seasons, and while I was initially excited about this news, I'm a little afraid that it'll lose it's luster...which will be heartbreaking because I've been so impressed that it's remained just as funny for all this time.

Last, but not least, we started watching a new show this fall, Scorpion.  It's definitely an interesting show.  When it initially started, the ads said "If you love The Big Bang Theory, you'll love this" so, of course, I wanted to check it out.  Honestly, I didn't understand that because one is a drama, one is a comedy....CBS is obviously crazy...Ha! But if you like shows about people who are A LOT smarter than the normal person....then you'll like it! And from what I've read, people are loving it, there's been a full season ordered! Yay!

I figure next I'll do the movie I'm MOST looking forward to this month, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1!  It's coming out November 21, so just go ahead and mark your calendars because I already know y'all want to see it too!

The next book I'm planning to start is Yes Please by Amy Poehler.  I loooove Amy Poehler!  She is so hilarious, and seeing as how I thoroughly enjoyed Tina Fey's Bossypants, I can only imagine how good her best friend's book will be.  When I've read and finished it, I'll be sure to let y'all know how it was!

                                                  

If y'all enjoyed this, I'll see what I can do about writing these once a month! :)

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment