Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Recap

Hey y'all! I hope everyone had an amazing and safe Halloween weekend!

Since we've shown my nephew's costumes as well it only seems right that I show you his as well.  He was Jack Skellington this year.  He didn't win at the costume parade at school, but he looked great!



I figured since I spent so much time working on these Buzz & Woody costumes, I'd go ahead and recap our weekend and show off our costumes!

First, along with it being Halloween, it was also alumni weekend at Kentucky Wesleyan!  Which meant the city was suddenly full of people that I went to college with.  I love alumni weekend because it is one weekend out of the year that I can sort of "relive" college. I love getting to see the people I spent 4 years with! :)

So all week I worked on these costumes.  For Woody, I got a plain white shirt and cut off the sleeves and cut it down the middle for a vest.  I got a cheap yellow tank top at Macy's and found a red bandana and cowboy hat at JoAnn's.

First, I lined the shirt, and painted the red lines on.  I painted the cow print on the shirt, then took yarn and trimmed the vest.  We added the buttons to the tank top, added a pull string to the vest, and there ya go! The holster was just brown foam that we got at Hobby Lobby with red & yellow felt added to it! And mine was pretty much done! :)


The Buzz costume was a little harder.  I didn't want to buy the backpack with the wings that I'd seen because I didn't think it would be worth it in the long run.  So I decided I'd just make it myself. I took a cardboard foam board, drew out the wings, painted it then cut it out.  I also drew out all the little designs that were on his suit with felt and hot glued them onto her shirt. She made her own tutu, because I hate making them. Ha! 


 Here's the finished product!


 There was also a Mary Poppins and Elsa who joined in on all the fun! :)





We went to a Halloween party, and right around 11:30, I helped our best friend who lives 8 hours away surprise everyone!  Her and her fiancĂ© drove to make sure we all got to spend alumni weekend together!  It was amazing!  There were tears shed and and there were screams, it was wonderful! And finally the "dill pickles" were reunited! :)


On Saturday, we went to KWC and tailgated and spent time with our sorority sisters and our favorite fraternity boys. It was great getting to be together with all of our friends again.  We don't get to see each other as often as we want, but it's okay because when we do, we make it tons of fun!

Sunday came, and all the fun ended....Brittany and Marseilles had to drive back to Arkansas.  Cayla and Lucas went back home...Tina was at her place...we had to leave each other again!  Weekends are always so great when we are all together, but the real world remains out there!

The year is absolutely FLYING by!  I can't handle how fast it's going.  Before you know it, it'll be Christmas!! 


P.S. I may not post as often for a while, we've got a lot going on around the Durbin household, so I may have to take a break from posting every day!

But I will see you soon! :)

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment