Thursday, October 30, 2014

3...2...One Day!!!

Halloween is TOMORROW!  How excited are y'all!?  I'm still not finished with my costume...of course.  I probably won't be done until tomorrow....afternoon. Ha!

I figure I'll just do a few more quick costumes!  First up, my Hunter look.  This one got thrown together in a matter of 30 minutes.  I didn't really want to dress up this particular year, but my friends did, so I had to!  I had the boots (they are BOGS hunting boots, and I believe they are from the kids department), the shorts, the hat, and the shirt.  I grew up in the country so I own A LOT of camouflage.  I borrowed the orange tank, and my friends had the brilliant idea to make me a hunter who got mauled by a wild animal, so they cut up my shirt.  It ended up being some pretty serious cuts, I figure I should've bloodied up my body, because I don't believe I would've made it out alive!

I borrowed some camouflage and orange duct tape to add to the pockets of my shorts since you could see them.  And that was it! I was ready!

Just a couple bonus costumes from my sister & nephew!

Mason constantly wants to dress up for special days at school, so I thought I'd add a couple of the costumes I had to make for that.

First was Dr. Seuss day!  He wanted to be the Cat in the Hat.  Felt has become my best friend with his costumes, so red and white felt and a lot of cutting and sewing to make a hat.  Black jogging suit for his body, white gloves and some face makeup for whiskers.  His bow I sewed and stuffed with pillow stuffing.
Not sure why he looks miserable....he wasn't! Ha!


Next was fairytale day! He wanted to be Flynn Rider from Tangled.  Again, I always try to use things we already have.  So, brown jogging pants and a white t-shirt worked great! I bought a baby blue t-shirt and cut it up the middle to make the vest.  I bought three buttons that I thought looked close enough to the same so we could button it together and then drew on some facial hair.  The hardest part of this costume was the Wanted poster I drew so he could carry it around with him all day.  But he had a ball pretending to be him all day, he quoted his favorite Flynn Rider lines all day long! 



That's it!  That's all I've got for this year! :) Monday, of course, I'll do a recap of this Halloween, so stay tuned!

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment