Thursday, October 2, 2014

Dressing Your Bump

I'm at that age....everyone around me seems to be having babies!!  Which is amazing because I looooove babies! :)  I cannot wait until Chris and I have a little bundle of joy! But until then, I have to be okay with just playing "aunt" to all of my friends' babies! 

So, one of my best friends asked me to make a post about maternity clothes, and of course I agreed!  

I don't have a lot of experience with maternity fashion.  I've never really looked into prices or really thought much of it, but I know that done correctly, you can look absolutely adorable throughout your pregnancy! :)
I think that the main issue most women have with maternity clothing is the price.  After looking into it, the prices are a little high, especially for an item you'll honestly only be wearing for a few months, so I'm hoping I can help any pregnant ladies get the looks they want without breaking the bank! 

I started researching maternity fashion and let me tell you, a lot of the clothing is NOT cute.  Which was a little disheartening!  But never fear, I am here to help you out!!



1. Buy regular clothes in bigger sizes

Buying jeans secondhand in bigger sizes can definitely be more cost effect than paying $40 on maternity pants.

Some clothes can grow with you!  Stretchy waistbands are your friends!  Leggings are an obvious choice, you can always dress up leggings!  Stretchy skirts are also a great choice! 
I like this option because you can still wear the clothes you are used to and you love, just in bigger sizes.  And these clothes can be nice as you make the transition back into your "before baby" clothes!

2. Buy maternity pieces that grow with you!


Buying maternity pieces doesn't have to break the bank, you don't have to buy EVERYTHING from the maternity section! And if you refuse to give up your jeans and they officially don't button anymore, invest in a belly band! 



Maxi dresses are a great investment!  You can make them work throughout the pregnancy, and they can be nice while you are working on losing the baby weight after your baby is born! 
Cardigans and blazers can be used throughout the pregnancy and after! They are a great investment!

3. Borrow

There is nothing wrong with borrowing clothing from friends!  I do it now, so why not do it with maternity clothes?!  The chances are you know someone who is pregnant or has been pregnant that you could borrow from.  

These are a few tips for a fashionable pregnancy on a budget! 

Also, remember that accessories are a great addition to an outfit! A jean jacket is a must-have for a pregnancy. 

I'm going to post a few photos of my favorite looks for Fall/Winter because I have a few friends who may need to start dressing their bumps during the next couple seasons! :)




There is a boutique that I found in my search that specifically caters to maternity looks!  It is PinkBlush Maternity.  They have some great looks and the prices aren't too bad!

Here are a couple other blogs that can be helpful when deciding how to dress your bump!
all things katie marie
Mr. and Mrs. Powell

I hope that all you ladies out there with tiny humans growing inside of you have wonderful and healthy pregnancies!  And that this helped in any way! :)

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment