Thursday, October 23, 2014

Halloween Costumes Week 3!

8 DAYS!  I'm getting so excited!  I just ordered part of mine & Tina's costumes and it made me that much more excited! :)

Okay, so today I'm gonna do a couple homemade costumes that are perfect if you are waiting until the last minute (I know because my costume was absolutely thrown together a few hours before the party! HA!)

First, let's talk about my in-laws costume!  It's "Curiosity Killed the Cat"! So funny!


The reason why I included this costume isn't because it was last minute for them, but mostly because I think people will have almost everything they need ahead of time to make it!

Basically, for "Curiosity", all they did was take a black shirt and made a question mark with duct tape!  That simple! Of course, he also wore a little "My name is...Curiosity" name tag so that it would be clear!

Now, for the "cat", she wore all black and the mask, tie, and tail she got at Wal-Mart for like $5.  She put on some cat whiskers with makeup, and that's that! Simple as can be and very creative!  They also included some "murder weapons", a rope and a plastic knife, all of which you can also find at Wal-Mart!


Costume #2!  This was literally thrown together hours before a Halloween party, so if I can do it, I know y'all can!
I LOVE Disney. Love it.  No shame in my game, I went to Disney for my honeymoon and I'd go every year if I could afford it!  So when we decided to go to this Halloween party the day of the party, we knew we had to be something that was easy to make! So obviously, Mickey & Minnie!


My favorite thing about our outfits.....the comfort! Ha! :) It wasn't your typical Mickey & Minnie, but we made it work!  We ran to Wal-Mart and grabbed Mickey & Minnie ears, a plain black shirt, a plain red shirt, and red basketball shorts! Simple enough right?
For Minnie, Tina took the red shirt and cut the collar a little so it would fit real loose.  Her outfit is pretty simple, black leggings, black tank, red top.
For Mickey, I just put the outfit on.  I did not do ANYTHING to this!
For our noses, we just used pencil eyeliner.  And we wore chucks for the night! ;)
This was the easiest costume I've ever put together.  And maybe it wasn't close enough to the actual costumes, BUT this was last minute and I think that it worked perfectly!  It was a cheap and easy costume and can easily be recreated!


Last but definitely not least, is my nephew's costume.  Now those above were good last minute costumes....his is not!

                                                                                                                                                                   

It's almost Halloween and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm almost as excited as my 7-year old!!  I think I enjoy dressing him up as much as I enjoyed doing it myself when I was younger (or now if I had a costume party to go to).

Last year was the first year that my son and I came up with his costume together.  Remember, I told you that he had gotten his first taste of being in a competition and he was now ready to win!  So, when it was time to come up with a costume, we had several choices to go through and lots of internet research (pictures mostly for him).  We finally settled on something creative and not expected!

Mr. Monopoly!

Mason Age 6
This wasn't a particularly hard costume to make.  He had black dress shoes and a white button-up shirt.  I went to Wal-Mart and got a long sleeve black t-shirt and some black jogging pants.  I cut the shirt down the front and sewed it back to look like a suit jacket and then cut a slit on the front left side to create a pocket.  Then I found some green foam sheets, which I took a sharpie and made it to look like money and sewed it into the pocket.  I bought the top hat at a costume shop and the stick he is carrying was actually a magician's wand, but I glued a silver painted "M" to the top so it would look like a walking stick.  I took some money from my Monopoly game and tucked it under the ribbon on the top hat, along with some of the property cards.


The last thing we did was make him a candy bag that looked like a money bag.  I found some white and green felt and sewed a bag and sewed on a money symbol.  Then I took some of the money foam I had made and sewed it around the top so it looked like it was busting out! The mustache was also purchased at the costume shop!



Now, everyone loved this costume and I kept hearing how creative and good he looked, but you know what?  He got third again! Well, at least he was still in the top!  We are going for a win again this year... We'll let you know! :)

                                                                                                                                                                   

That's it for this week!  We have one more post before Halloween, I hope everyone is as excited as we are! :)

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment