Tuesday, October 7, 2014

10 Fall Essentials

Hey y'all!

So, I've said it before, fall is my favorite time of year! I love seeing the leaves change, getting to transition into warmer clothes, agh it's just my favorite!

I wanted to talk today about the items that I don't think you should go without this fall! The following pieces serve as great basics to have in your closet, not just for fall. :)

Chambray dress


I love chambray dresses! They are comfy and look great with riding boots or cowboy boots! This particular dress comes from The Red Dress Boutique, you can find the dress here for $49.  It's currently out of stock but you can sign up for email notification of the restock!  Charlotte Russe also has a chambray dress available here for $32.99.

Ankle boots


Ankle boots are perfect transitional shoes.  They are short enough that they look great when they are paired with a dress for the warmer weather, and look great with jeans or leggings! The boots above are Candie's ankle boots found at Kohl's.  You can find them online here, currently on sale for $29.99.  They are also available in Taupe and Wine.
I'll give you a few other options!! The Mint Julep Boutique has several options, but my favorites are The Tina Boots in Taupe found here for $48!
Lastly, I love the boots with roll down sides, my favorite pair are at The Red Dress Boutique, found here for $48!

Cozy scarf


Scarves tend to be my favorite items in my closet in the fall/winter seasons.  I LOVE a good scarf! I love that adding a scarf to a fall outfit can make all the difference in how the outfit looks.
Of course, my current favorite scarf is out of stock, but you can sign up for the reorder on The Mint Julep Boutique here!  This scarf is $17.
Another beautiful fall scarf, found at The Red Dress Boutique, can be found here, for $24.

Cardigans


Cardigans are great because you can wear them all year long.  They are great for the transition from summer to fall!
The above cardigan can be found here at Target for $19.99.  It says that it is only available online.  I love these particular cardigans because they are so cozy!  They have many colors available as well!
Another amazing cardigan comes from Necessary Clothing.  It's a chevron cardigan that can be found here for $34.99!

Leopard flats



My leopard flats are my go-to shoe.  I find that they match almost everything in my closet, they are comfortable, and are such a basic and important addition to anyone's closet!
The above shoe is from Target.  You can find them here!  They are currently on sale for $13.49!
The Mint Julep Boutique also has a pair here, for $40, though they are currently out of stock. Once again, signing up for reorder is available on their out of stock items!
Lastly, The Red Dress Boutique has a pair available here, for $28.  They have an adorable bow detail! :)

Classic coat


A classic coat is an essential of every closet!  The above jacket is from The Red Dress Boutique, available here, for $48.
There are also several coats I am loving from JollyChic, available here, for $45.99, here for $22.99, and here for $51.  Now I don't know much about JollyChic, and I've heard mixed reviews about ordering from the site, so if you have any opinions, let me know! I'm definitely considering buying from the site, but I'd love to heard from y'all before I make any leaps!

Comfy dress


Having a dress that is comfortable and can be "warmed up" is essential for any wardrobe! I found this particular dress on ModCloth, available here, for $59.99.  I am not going to post any other dresses, because there are SO many options and honestly I just can't narrow it down! Ha! :)

Perfect bag



My absolute weakness is a good handbag.  I would spend all the money I had for the perfect purse, and my husband cannot stand it! Ha!  I try not to look at bags too often, because I will find a reason to buy them all!! I don't discriminate either, I love Coach, Kate Spade, Michael Kors, etc. but I will also buy a cute bag at Target or Kohl's, wherever there is a cute bag, there is me coveting it! I'm choosing to only highlight bags from Target and ModCloth because I'm always talking up designer bags and the more affordable bags need love too!
The first is the one shown above, a Merona Slouchy Weekender bag in Cognac, available at Target or here, for $49.99.  Another, from Target, a Melie Front Bow Satchel Handbag in Taupe, available here for $59.99.  Lastly from Target, a Mossimo Matte Crocodile Satchel in Black, available here for $39.99.
Modcloth also has some awesome bags with reasonable prices! The first is the Two-Tone to Tango Bag in Burgundy, available here for $59.99.  They also have the Dressy Day Bag, available here for $104.99.   This one may be a little pricey, but it's so pretty! And it is still cheaper than the majority of the designer bags!
I'll stop my rave about bags and move on! Ha!

Rain boots



Right now where I live, rain boots are pretty necessary.  While I love, love, love Hunter boots, I'm trying to make these essentials a little more cost effective, so I'm not going to talk about them.  The shoes above are from Target, they are Barbara Quilted Rain Boots, available here for $31.99.  Target also has Joules Rain Boot Field Welly, available here for $64.99.  They are a little pricey than the other rain boots at Target but I really like the look of them!
DSW shoes has SO many options for rain boots, but my favorites are the Dirty Laundry Regency Rain Boot available here for $44.95 and the BootsiTootsi Ahoy Rain Boot available here for $39.95.

Skinny jeans


Last but certainly not least, skinny jeans! I adore my skinny jeans, and find myself gravitating toward them every time I put on jeans. My personal favorite brand for jeans is American Eagle. I just love the way they fit on me, but I know that everyone has their favorites. I'm only going to highlight American Eagle here, because I love them, and there are a million different places to get great skinny jeans! The above jeans are American Eagle Skinny Jeans in Clean Rinse, available here, on sale currently for $29.99.

I know that each of you probably have different opinions on what is essential for fall.  What are some of the items you just couldn't go without this season?

Also, I've recently created a Facebook page for this blog, if you'd like to follow me on Facebook, you can find me HERE! :)

See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment