Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's October!

Hey y'all!
The year is just flying by!  I cannot believe it is the first day of October!!!! Today is quite a special day! My husband and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary.  I couldn't be happier or luckier to have him in my life! :)

Now that I'm done with the sappy stuff, I'll get to the topic at hand!

This morning as I was trying to decide what to wear, I realized there is an important topic that needs to be discussed, mixing prints!  For a good majority of my life, I would not have mixed prints.  I also wore a lot of sweatpants, basketball shorts, and hoodies, so some things have definitely changed for the better!  Now that I'm "all grown up", I have ventured out into the land of fashion and mixed it up.  There are a few do's and don't's for mixing prints.


Do 

Mix small & large!
If you want some balance when you mix your prints you should know that large patterns go with small.  Why is that, you ask? 





Don't

Pair the same size patterns. 
Well when you wear two patterns of the same size they lose something.  If you pair them, nothing will "stand out"!  





While I stand by what I'm saying, you do not have to follow these do's and don't's, you should have fun and do things the way you want!   I will try my best not to judge you! ;)

A few more tips about mixing prints/patterns:

1. Leopard goes with everything!  My favorite print to add to an outfit is leopard.

2. Offset floral prints with polka dots!

3. Polka dots & stripes work.

4. Gingham print serves as a great base to any outfit!


Personally, my favorite combination is plaid and leopard.  I love to add just a pop of leopard, whether it be a leopard flat or scarf, when I'm wearing a plaid piece!

Sometimes ONE pattern just isn't enough! Ha!


See you soon!

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment